Janni Olsson Delér
Janni Olsson Delér is one of Sweden’s leading digital creators and she shares her life with over 1.6 million followers on Instagram and YouTube. She lives with her husband Jon Olsson Delér in Monaco, and together they explore the world and find inspiration in all the places they visit.
Janni lives a life that many people can only dream of. A condo in Monaco, a house in Marbella, and a life on the go. She inspires her followers in everything from fashion and food to interior decorating. But where does she find inspiration herself?
– “Anywhere and everywhere – from travels, shop windows, shops, Instagram. But especially from my travels! I don’t know how many times I’ve been somewhere and I eventually started dressing like all the locals. And when I get home, I don’t really understand why I bought those clothes, ha-ha.”
Do you have a favourite destination?
– It has to be Tulum. I was there for a photo shoot a couple of years ago but I only stayed for 36 hours and immediately felt that I have to come back at some point. It’s truly a little paradise, surrounded by palm trees, perfectly white beaches, turquoise water – and plenty of the best guacamole in the world.
Janni has an especially fond memory of the guacamole – and it’s preferably enjoyed with a couple of refreshing mojitos. When they were there, they also visited Pablo Escobar’s old house, which is now a hotel. Well worth a visit, according to Janni and Jon. But Tulum was not just sunshine and white beaches. When they arrived and had just checked in to their boutique hotel, the sky opened up.
– “All of a sudden, lightning struck the beach! It felt like it struck just outside our window and the storm shook the entire hotel room. It was a little scary but when we woke up the next morning, the storm had passed and it was a paradise with blue skies again.”
How do you pack for a trip like this?
– “I know how my clothes fit so I usually don’t try them on before – the looks turn out as I imagined anyway. But I always plan my outfits, no matter where I go.”
Do you have any great tips to share when it comes to packing?
– “Don’t pack too much. I try to pack clothes that will work with several different outfits. A skirt with leopard print works with a white top, a black t-shirt, and even a bikini top. I always pack a couple of really comfy clothes as well and I always end up wearing only those anyway!”